Virtual conferences have become an essential tool for many associations. They’re a lifeline for staying connected with your members when meeting in person isn’t possible. They also offer members and sponsors much of the same value as in-person conferences, with the cost-effectiveness and convenience of attending online. And, as with in-person conferences, they’re great for driving non-dues revenue.
Selling sponsorships and exhibit booths are a key way to drive revenue from your virtual event. Incorporating sponsors and exhibitors in the online experience not only gives you the opportunity to generate revenue, but also gives sponsors the opportunity to reach a broader audience and extends more of the on-site experience to online attendees. Everyone wins!
Here are some ideas for recruiting sponsors for your virtual conference:
- Sponsor announcements – Allow industry partners to sponsor sessions and provide a one-minute sponsor announcement at the beginning of each session. This can include a visual image or quick demo of their product for the benefit of attendees.
- Branded live session window – Use a custom-branded viewer for virtual sessions that has the capability to incorporate custom logos to highlight sponsors.
- Sponsored tab – Incorporate a custom tab in your session viewer that has text, videos, or downloadable content about a sponsor or exhibitor.
- Spotlight interviews or vendor demos – Pre-record spotlight interviews or vendor demos with your sponsors and exhibitors to play during session breaks.
- Networking or breakout session sponsorship options – Allow industry partners to moderate or sponsor breakout sessions on specific topics. Sponsoring a virtual networking hour also offers great exposure for companies.
- Recorded commercials – During the time attendees spend waiting to join a session, display pre-recorded commercials or rotating slides from sponsors and exhibitors.
- Virtual exhibit hall – Give your attendees a place to learn more about important products and services with an online exhibit hall. Virtual exhibitors can host online booths and be available for live chats with attendees during scheduled hall hours.
Take the next step
Selling sponsorships is just one aspect of a successful virtual conference. The Event Tech Group by Community Brands offers the virtual conference software and services you need to pull off every aspect of a great online event. The software integrates with Aptify AMS, so you can drive member engagement, delight sponsors, and boost revenue within your association management software system.
Find out how Event Tech Group makes it easy to plan, promote, and host a virtual conference that engages attendees and gives sponsors and exhibitors the exposure they seek:
- Watch the on-demand webinar, How to Deliver a Successful Virtual Conference and Expo
- Explore the Event Tech Group