Provide member value and job opportunities to your association’s members.
Want to deliver a career center experience that offers unmatched value to your members while driving revenue for your organization? Here’s how.
One of the top benefits an association provides for its members is job opportunities. In fact, according to the 2018 Member Education and Career Development Report, 66 percent of members look to their professional associations to help them find new job opportunities.
You may already recognize the importance of an online career center for providing member value and generating non-dues revenue for your organization. You may even have a job board on your website. But keep in mind that active job seekers typically search for opportunities on multiple websites.
The job seekers who use your job board (members and prospective members alike) also use other popular sites such as Google, Indeed, Glass Door, Zip Recruiter, and LinkedIn. You need a competitive advantage over those sites to provide a great source of engagement and help for your members and employers.
Here are eight things your online career center should do to provide a great experience that delivers value for your members and prospective members, while driving revenue for your organization.
1. Email job matching – Automatically send jobs to interested, relevant job seekers via email when they are posted.
2. Mobile responsiveness – Allow your members to quickly apply to jobs from their mobile devices.
3. Personalized search and recommendations – Increase engagement and job views by recommending opportunities to job seekers based on their prior searches.
4. High ROI employer products – Offer hiring managers options that maximize exposure of their job postings to improve their return on investment. For example, introduce a job email to your members. Employers are often willing to pay extra for this distribution of their jobs to additional potential candidates. In addition, you can include a jobs feed or widget in your member and prospective member e-newsletters with recently posted jobs that sponsors have paid extra to promote. It might just become one of the most viewed/clicked-upon sections of your newsletter.
5. SEO and job distribution – Optimize every job for search engines, and reach candidates through social media, email, mobile channels, and sophisticated programmatic advertising.
6. Candidate screening and management – Provide employers with functionality to attract, screen, and manage applicants, including an anonymous resume bank that safeguards job seekers’ identities.
7. Advanced data, reporting, and analytics – Empower your staff with deep knowledge of job board sales, performance, and user behavior to grow membership and revenue.
8. Connected career center experience – Connect your online career center with your association management software (AMS) and your learning management system (LMS) to provide value to members through their careers while delivering a great overall member experience. Here are a few examples of technology integration points and how they can help your members and your organization:
Connecting your career center and your AMS:
- Member prospect lists – Non-members who visit your job board and sign up as job seekers via job alerts or account registration are automatically delivered to your AMS as a list of new member prospects for your use in new member marketing and acquisition efforts.
- Single sign-on – Members can apply for jobs and manage their job seeker accounts and profiles without logging in to a separate system through single sign-on.
- Intelligent job recommendations – Members have the opportunity to opt-in to receive intelligent job recommendations based on their AMS member profile data, such as job title and location, giving them the ability to passively search for new career opportunities.
- Additional stored member activity – Member activity on your job board is captured and stored within the member’s AMS record, giving you additional data and insights to drive more informed member marketing efforts.
Connecting your career center and your LMS:
- Member acquisition – Non-members visiting your job board receive recommendations for courses and continuing education tied directly to your association learning offerings, providing additional opportunity for new learner and member acquisition.
- Intelligent course recommendations – Your job board visitors see relevant jobs and popular, relevant, or recommended courses offered by your association that will help them become qualified for those jobs.
- Intelligent job recommendations – Employers who pay to market their jobs to members through your job board have their jobs hyper-targeted to learners who have earned particular credentials through your association and qualifies them for these employers’ jobs in real time.
- Members and non-members browsing your LMS course menu are presented with actual and relevant job opportunities they would be qualified for if they took suggested courses or learning paths through your organization.
- Upon exiting courses or receiving certifications, learners are presented with job opportunities they are now qualified for as a result of their new competencies or credentials.
With the right technology solutions, you can deliver these types of experiences for your members. Community Brands offers career center, AMS, and LMS solutions that are part of an integrated software suite for associations. That means they work better together to help you support a complete member journey.