Matching contributions can be a powerful way to multiply the value of donations received and a great incentive program for employers. In addition to providing a great vehicle for organizations and major donors to create incentive around an important cause, a matching program can allow for much greater efficiency in driving growth in gift receipts compared to unmatched contributions. Aptify's solution has built in functionality for managing a variety of matching scenarios including the following features:
- Unlimited Number of Rules - It is possible to establish any number of matching rules for each campaign/appeal. A matching rule is established each time a company or major donor wishes to match contributions from others.
- Qualification Rules - Each matching rule can establish a variety of criteria for both match qualification, such as who is eligible to receive matching support and financial limits.
- Matching Amounts - Many options exist for defining the amount of the match. The amount can be defined as a percentage of the amount being matched, a fixed amount, a combination, or even a user-defined formula for complex scenarios. Additionally, tiered matching is provided to drive incentive for higher levels of contribution being matched with higher percentages in the matching contribution.
- Timing - Matching rules can have effective dates for when a matching contribution is available
- Notification - Matching rules can be automatically or manually applied. When an individual gift is being processed, the matching rules that it qualifies for can be automatically applied or manually selected
- Payment Processing - Aptify includes the functionality to automatically aggregate matches on any interval and generate reports/notices that will go to the organization or individual providing the matching funds.
- Workflow - Aptify's flexible and easy to use workflow engine can rapidly add new types of functionality for approval cycle routing, additional automated notification messages, and more.
- Reporting - Aptify has an extensive amount of built-in reports and business intelligence capabilities that allow you to fine tune your approach to matching contributions.